The Open Network
The Open Network (TON) is a fast, secure, scalable blockchain focused on handling millions of transactions per second (TPS) with the goal of reaching hundreds of millions of blockchain users moving forward.
TON is designed as a distributed supercomputer, or a “superserver”, intended to provide a variety of products and services to contribute to the development of the decentralized vision for the new internet. To learn more about different aspects of the TON blockchain and its underlying ecosystem consult the following resources:
- Discover which services TON provides for its users by reviewing this section: Participate in TON
- To learn more about the technical aspects of the TON blockchain review the Blockchain of Blockchains
- Learn more about the development of all things TON by reviewing this section: Getting Started
Bird's Eye Overview
To understand the true vision for the decentralized internet and how TON contributes to this inevitability, consider taking a deep dive into the video below:
New to Blockchain?
If you're new to blockchain and don’t understand what makes the technology so revolutionary — consider taking a deep dive into these important resources:
- How a Blockchain Can Help You on a Deserted Island
- How to Run a Blockchain on a Deserted Island with Pen and Paper
- [YouTube] Crypto Networks and Why They Matter
TON’s Relationship With Ethereum
For those familiar with Ethereum development, we wrote two introductory articles to help you understand what sets TON apart in this regard: