The Open Network
The Open Network (TON) is a decentralized and open internet platform made up of several components. These include: TON Blockchain, TON DNS, TON Storage, and TON Sites. TON Blockchain is the core protocol that connects TON’s underlying infrastructure together to form the greater TON Ecosystem.
TON is focused on achieving widespread cross-chain interoperability, while operating in a highly scalable secure framework. TON is designed to process millions of transactions per second (TPS), with the goal of eventually reaching hundreds of millions of users moving forward.
TON Blockchain is designed as a distributed supercomputer, or “superserver,” intended to provide a variety of products and services to contribute to the development of the decentralized vision for the new internet.
- Discover which services TON provides for its users by reviewing this section: Participate in TON
- To learn more about the technical aspects of TON Blockchain review the Blockchain of Blockchains
- Learn more about the development of all things TON by reviewing this section: Getting Started
Bird's Eye Overview
To understand the true vision for the decentralized internet and how TON contributes to this inevitability, consider taking a deep dive into the video below:
New to Blockchain?
If you're new to blockchain and don’t understand what makes the technology so revolutionary — consider taking a deep dive into these important resources:
- What is Blockchain? What is a Smart Contract? What is Gas?
- How a Blockchain Can Help You on a Deserted Island
- [YouTube] Crypto Networks and Why They Matter
TON’s Relationship With Ethereum
For those familiar with Ethereum development, we wrote two introductory articles to help you understand what sets TON apart in this regard: